Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What was I thinking...

Yes I started a blog.


No I didnt do it because I think Kevin O'Kelley is cool and I want to be just like him. 


I promise.  


Really.  


Ok maybe that had a little to do with it.  


Anyway, I have been thinking about starting one for a while.  I really meant to do it after Noah was born to chronicle his life, challenges and triumphs, etc.  I got a little distracted.  Yes, I know that he is 18 months old.  At least I started this before he got married.


Hopefully I will make more than and embarrassing three entries before he gets married too.


As you might have guessed, Noah is one of my main reasons for writing this but I am sure being the nerd that I am I will drift into other topics like football, video games and work.  I know most of you arent interested in all of the riveting current happenings in the world of mechanical engineering, construction and green building but you can skip those days.


So what finally kicked me into blogging?  Noah decided to start walking today.  I mean he has been flirting with it for a while.  He will let go and take a few steps.  Sometimes it takes a little encouragement (read as small push from dad).  Today he just let go and started walking around like he had been doing it for years.  Its really weird to turn around and see a little two foot tall guy wobbling around.  Melinda says he looks like Frankenstein walking.  He holds his arms out and has a pretty stiff walk. 


I know thats not earth shattering to most people. 


I mean every kid walks, right?  


Its just one of those moments that make you stop and take a look back at where the little guy started out and how far he has come.  18 months ago Noah was born a month premature.  Two hours later he turned blue and spent the next four months in the hospital, had a few surgeries and got a really expensive pile of equipment to make sure that he doesnt go into seizures due to oxygen depravation every night.  It makes you realize how much of a miracle even the simplest developmental milestone really is.  Walking is just another small miracle that reminds me how special Noah is.


That's it for the first post.  More to come.



5 comments:

  1. wow so cool i loved the part HE has been flirting with it for a while lol love it! *martha*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Noah!!! And way to go Daddy for starting your blogging journey. Can't wait to hear more about the journeys of The Mighty Noah, and I quite like a rousing discussion of green building, and have a budding engineer/builder named Noah as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see where you take the blog! And if you only post three entries between now and Noah's wedding day, I am going to punch you in the arm. Hard.

    The next time I see Noah, I'll bump him to the ground. It's not how many times you fall. It's how many times you get up. Or, so says Dwayne Wade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. smiling at you chris...as i have been told as well as experienced, it isn't the days that we always remember, but the moments...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And to think they told us he would be in an institution the rest of his life. He sure did prove them wrong! TRACH THIS!!!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete